£712 average per night
Les Tournesols At Occitanie
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bed
- 4 Bathroom
- Children welcome
- Private pool
- Private pool
- Heated pool
- Children welcome
- Dining area
- Iron and board
- Linens provided
- Living room
- Pets not allowed
- Pets considered
- Ping pong
- No smoking
- Towels provided
Kitchen and household
- Dishes and utensils provided
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Washing machine
- > 5KM
- > 5KM
In the heart of rural Gascony is the charming Les Tournesols, an idyllic stone house that has been beautifully renovated by its owners. Here your pace will immediately slow down as you immerse yourself in the real France in comfort and style with some of the most magnificent landscapes and villages in the country.
Set in vast grounds with a long private driveway, this former Maison de Maître has been sensitively restored to create a unique and stylish home. With travertine floors throughout, exposed beams and stonework, plus an open stone fireplace and some antique pieces the owners have ensured the home remains true to its past whilst adding contemporary features and modern style. The open-plan living space is remarkable with light streaming through the room, elegant furnishings and an impressive kitchen with a Falcon style range and a central marble topped island, allowing keen cooks ample room to prepare feasts for their guests.
Bedrooms have been thoughtfully decorated with pretty touches and some with marvellous en-suites featuring roll top baths or walk-in showers. The romantic ambience makes this a wonderful place for couples and friends but it’s also perfect for families with baby-friendly equipment and plenty of outdoor games for all ages.
For larger groups of more than 8 guests, a lovely dormitory with four single beds (two of which can be made into a king-size double) and pretty French windows leading to the garden can be made available on request.
In the summer months you are surrounded by the sweet scents of lavender and roses across the gardens where you can seek shade on a bench under one of the many trees or play on the vast lawned gardens. You can spend long leisurely lunches dining al-fresco by the summer kitchen with its terracotta flooring before dipping into the cool swimming pool or sunbathing on the spacious terrace.
This is the real France where guests can immerse themselves in authentic, fortified villages, market towns, fields of summer sunflowers some of the best food and wine in the world. The little village of Saint Clar is nearby with its weekly market; make sure you pick up some of the local white garlic in season from July onwards. There is so much to do in this beautiful, rural part of Gascony; cycling, golf, horse-riding and hiking, not forgetting some fantastic wine tasting in this Grand Armagnac region.
As well as the nearby market towns of Fleurance and Lectoure, the city of Auch can be reached in under an hour and three of France’s Plus Beaux Villages, Fourcès, Larresingle and Montréal du Gers, can be easily visited by car.
This is a peaceful haven where the standard of living is high yet relaxed and you are in an incredible part of rural France. It’s a truly tranquil paradise.
1) 4 bedrooms excluding quad/family room (8-person rate)
2) 5 bedrooms including quad/family room (12-person rate)
- Hallway with baby grand piano (which can be made available to pianists on request)
- Sitting room with sofas and flat-screen TV
- Open-plan kitchen-diner and living room (130m2) with open fireplace. Kitchen well-equipped including Falcon range style cooker, microwave and larder with fridge-freezer
- Double super-king/twin bedroom, en-suite bathroom featuring rolltop bath, separate shower and WC. This bedroom is in a separate location to the other rooms
- Master bedroom (52m2) with views over to swimming pool, en-suite bathroom with roll-top bath and separate shower
- Guest WC
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with arched doors leading to garden
- Double super-king/twin bedroom with arched doors leading to garden
- Dorm-style quad/family room with four single beds, two of which can be converted into a king-size double bed (available only when paying the 12-person occupancy price)
- Family bathroom with bath, separate shower, double basin and WC
- Laundry room with WC
- Salt-water heated swimming pool (12mx5m) with a security alarm
- Sun terrace
- Pool house with covered al-fresco dining area and summer kitchen with sink and fridge
- Pool games/toys
- Gardens including lawn areas
- Vast grounds (1.2 hectares)
- Complimentary access to village tennis courts
- Adult and children tennis rackets
- Table-tennis table
- Badminton racquets
- Rounders bat and ball
- Boules court and boules
- Central heating
- TV including some English channels and French TNT
- Washing machine and dryer
- Various outdoor games
- Board games