Villa Asteria + Private Pool
£119 average per night
☀️ Not Overlooked ☀️gated Private Pool For Child Safety ☀️ Free Wifi
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bed
- 2 Bathroom
- Children welcome
- Private pool
- Private pool
- Outdoor pool
- Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Children welcome
- Events allowed
- Beach towels
- Deck / Patio
- Dining area
- DVD Player
- Hair dryer
- Iron and board
- Linens provided
- Living room
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor lighting
- Pets not allowed
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Wheelchair accessible
Kitchen and household
- Dishes and utensils provided
- Coffee maker
- Clothes dryer
- Full kitchen
- Washing machine
- Carbon Monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock to entrance
- Emergency exit route
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Smoke detector
- > 5KM
This property is managed by 'Saint Basil Olive Grove - Rentavillacrete'
Perfect if you want privacy! This house is not overlooked by any other villa. It sleeps up to 8 persons in 4 double/twin bedrooms and has a private swimming pool. For people in wheelchairs or with limited mobility, the downstairs double bedroom is ideal, being next to the downstairs shower room and W/C with commode available. British plumbing and WC - no small pipes!
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PARENTS WITH SMALL CHILDREN! This villa has a downstairs kitchen which looks out directly onto the gated pool. This means you can see your children playing in the pool while you are preparing lunch! Many other villas in the area have not been designed with holidaymakers like you in mind because they have an upstairs (Greek Style) kitchen which means you may have to balance a meal and a drink on a tray while walking down a flight of stairs with a toddler following behind you or under your feet! We designed this feature BEFORE the houses were built - you are not an afterthought!
Our guests often comment that this villa is in the perfect location: within walking distance from two villages, close enough to enjoy their facilities but not too close to be disturbed by barking dogs, crowing cockerels and noisy human nightlife that happens in any and every Cretan village or town.
The villa is located in a peaceful private olive grove of 4.5 acres (17,000 square metres). It is one of only 5 villas in the olive grove, all of which are owned by us. The olive grove is secure, being fenced and hedged by colourful oleander, and surrounded by olive trees. It is the perfect base to explore the picturesque Apokoronas area on foot or by car, with its tiny white hamlets nestled on green mountainsides. Apokoronas is a designated area of natural beauty, protected in a similar way to a National Park. At all times there are breath-taking views of the White Mountains which are snowcapped until late May. Literally on your doorstep there are numerous foot-trails through this most spectacular area of Crete, a genuine walker’s paradise.
Close to the villa are two villages. Almyrida, by the beach, is only a 3 minute drive away or you can walk it in half an hour. Gavalochori, further inland, is only a 1 minute drive away and you can walk there in less than 15 minutes.
NEW CLEANING AND HYGEINE PROCEDURES FOR CORONAVIRUS
Guests visiting our villas can be assured we are following the appropriate cleaning and disinfection guidelines introduced by the Greek Government. You will have a fabulous holiday in Crete, so as well as bringing your holiday spirit, remember to follow the usual recommended practices such as washing your hands frequently, avoiding touching your face and safe distancing.
We will require a little more information from you than usual prior to your arrival to be held by us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) for reasons of public health. This will be shared with the appropriate authorities for the purposes of contact tracing but only if they deem it necessary. So please provide us with the full name, nationality, age, address and appropriate contact telephone number /email of everyone who will be staying. Dates of arrival and departure will also be recorded.
As we need to carry out some additional villa preparation hygiene procedures (see below) before you arrive, regretfully we have to extend our normal check in time from 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm and we cannot accept a luggage drop-off before check in. However, please feel free to call or text John earlier in the day and he will let you know if the villa is ready for your arrival earlier. Remember, though the check in time may be 5.00 pm, there are plenty of bars and cafes by the beach close by in Almyrida where you spend an enjoyable first afternoon.
We will be carrying out the following hygiene procedures:
● Floors and hard surfaces such as sinks and taps will be steam cleaned.
● All touch points (handles, switches, plugs and sockets) will be wiped and disinfected.
● Remote controls will be wiped and disinfected, then covered with a protective plastic cover/bag that will be disposed of after your stay. Your key will also be disinfected before arrival and placed in a plastic bag, and placed in the usual collection point under or in the BBQ.
● All decorative / non-essential cushions and bed runners have been removed.
● We will pop in mid-week during pool cleaning for a quick mid stay spruce up at a convenient time for you. Other than this we will of course not disturb you during your stay, unless there is an emergency or an appliance which requires immediate attention. If it is necessary for us to send an engineer (for example to attend an aircon unit) please remember to ensure social distancing at all times.
● Antiseptic handwash/gel will be available in the kitchen, as a backup to the regular washing of hands with soap and water to which we are all now very accustomed.
● A confirmation note of when and how your villa was cleaned will be placed on the dining room table, and a copy will be retained by us for our records.
● Your villa contains a selection of paperback books and useful guides. At the end of your stay, please place any books you have read or browsed into the supplied 'Book Bin' which will be removed by us and placed in temporary quarantine until the next changeover when they will be put back on the shelves.
● Your swimming pool is sanitised with chlorine tablets and other chemicals dissolving in the recirculating water mechanism. Viruses and bacteria cannot survive in this environment.
● Sun loungers. Please use the fresh pool towels provided to place between yourself and the lounger.