Urrugne ⎜sunny Basque House For 8pax · Garden · Unique Mountain View
£251 average per night
Urrugne 3* ⎜sunny Basque House For 8pax · Garden · Unique Mountain View
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bed
- 2 Bathroom
- Internet access
- DVD Player
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeper included
- Iron and board
- Pets not allowed
- No smoking
Kitchen and household
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Washing machine
COVID-19 INFO – In order to welcome you in the best conditions of hygiene, we have reviewed our procedure to prepare the accommodation and welcome you there! All information below.
This beautiful basque house is located in between Saint-Jean-de-Luz and Hendaye on a hill that towers the village of Urrugne. It awaits you and your family and friends !
Surrounded by a green and calm environment, the location is ideal to make the most of both the coast and the countryside.
The house was recently built in the “Labourd” basque style in wood and stone with a little garden surrounding it.
On the first floor it is composed of :
· One spacious living room with a dining area and an sun-filled kitchen opening onto a patio. (Nespresso machine and filter coffee maker).
· 1 double bedroom (160cm bed)
· 1 bathroom
· 1 separate toilet
· 1 garage
· On the second floor with a spacious landing and a library area :
· 1 double bed room (160cm bed)
· 2 bedrooms with both 2 single beds (90cm)
· 1 bathroom with toilet.
The house is comfortably equipped (appliances, plancha, wifi). It is kids friendly and made for families with all the equipment needed (stroller, baby bed, baby bath, toys etc).
On the spot, our conciergerie service “Les clés du Pays Basque” will be there to welcome you and will remain at your disposal during your entire stay.
· Linen (towels and bed linen) is optional (18 €/personne)
· Final cleaning is mandatory and has to be paid at the booking or at the check-in (120 €).
Urrugne is the ideal vacation spot for families; from outdoor activities to cultural visits, from shopping to beach dips, name it you have it. Enjoy beaches of Ciboure (10mn drive), Saint-Jean-de-Luz (15 mn) and Hendaye (15 mn).
Downtown Urrugne with all its shops is only within a few minutes walk (bakery, coffee shops, restaurants, post office etc). Saint Jean de Luz was in the 17th-century one of the most important fishing ports of France and also the stage of a historical royal wedding between King Louis XIV of France and the King of Spain’s daughter, Maria Theresa. Start wandering and shopping in one of the main pedestrian streets : Rue Gambetta. For local products stop by the local market, the traditional and colourful « les Halles ». For other purchases, there are 2 huge supermarkets within a 5 km radius. Craving delicious seafood ? Experience the array of seafood restaurant at the Port.
A little more laid back, Ciboure is a popular seaside resort on the Basque Coast, adjoining Saint-Jean de Luz, between Biarritz and Hendaye and a few kilometers from the Spanish border.
For outdoorsy ones, go take a hike on the Sentier du littoral (Coastline Path) you will never forget, from Bidart to Hendaye (20 km). A little further on that same cornice, lose yourself in the stunning Château Observatoire Abbadia (Abbadia Observatory Castle). A few kilometers away, immerse yourself into one of the most famous nineteenth century’s french author’s life Edmond Rostand by visiting Villa Arnaga in Cambo les Bains.
There are also many other activities such as hobbie cat, canoeing, rafting, diving, surfing, hiking, horse riding.
Spain is only few kilometers away : famous for its tapas evenings in Old San Sebastian (25 minutes) or Hondarribia (15mn). Last but not least, the Bilbao Guggenheim museum is just over an hour from here… The Spanish traditional markets called “ventas” offer a wide variety of local products. You can find them all along the French-Spanish border.
The inland Basque area is authentic and preserved, a true paradise for biking and mountain hikes. It is also full of scenic traditional Basque villages you cannot miss. Travel around and discover a few of them : Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, Sare, Espelette, Ainhoa, Urrugne…
We wish you a beautiful stay here in the Basque country !
COVID-19 INFO – Every effort is made to minimize risks.
Here are the details of all the actions we have set up :
Cleaning and disinfection : new approach.
- Use of cleaning products based on dilute bleach or containing at least 70% alcohol
- Disinfection of frequently affected surfaces such as switches, door handles, remote controls and tap handles
- Vacuum cleaner emptied and cleaned after each use
- Ventilated housing throughout cleaning
- Housekeeping staff thoroughly washed their hands before any intervention
Equipment renewed at each rental.
- Protection of all beds, in addition to the classic mattress pad, by disposable mattress pads renewed at each rental, as well as pillows with disposable pillowcases
- Protection of sofas and armchairs by large sheets, also renewed at each rental
- Provision of new sponges and micro-fibres
An always warm welcome… but with respect for the barrier gestures.
We have changed our intake process so that there are no more documents to sign.
The entry form with all the elements will be sent to you by phone.
CPI 6401 2018 000 035 039